Knowing and understanding these 6 triggers as presented in the book "Influence" by Robert Cialdini
Here are the 6 triggers that Robert Cialdini describes as the main drivers to influence others:
- Reciprocity: The rule states that if we do a favour for another person they will feel obliged to return it.
- Commitment: Once we commit to something, we stick to it.
- Authority: We are wired to follow authority.
- Social Proof: We look up to others for the right way of behaviour.
- Scarcity: When something becomes scarce, we desire it more.
- Liking: We find it much more difficult to say no when a request comes from someone we like.